Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Friday, September 29, 2006

Here, There, Everywhere

I have been an FO fiend lately...behold:

Two lovely cotton baby beanies from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies

Baby Blue Jeans from Last Minute Knitted Gifts...these are so freakin' cute I can hardly stand it! TWO co-workers are prego, baby shower next week. I, however, will not be in attendance as I will be working here which I am looking forward to, except for the Getting There & Back part. You see, Getting There involves flying to Minnesota with Flyboy to drop him with my parents, then flying to San Diego 2 days later. then I work my a** off to help make the event a success and raise $$$ for the Susan G. Komen Foundation only to turn around and fly back to MN a week from Monday, and back to CT the next day. If I were anal enough to add it all up, that would total 8 flights, 3 layovers in O'Hare, 1 in Dallas, and roughly 17.5 hours of flying in 10 days. At least I can bring my knitting with me, even if I must check my hair gel.

Which leads me to this:
I jumped on the bandwagon, it's true. My goal for Socktoberfest is to finish my current pair of two-toe-up-at-once Falling Leaves socks, and complete 2 other pairs of socks, yarn/patterns TBD.

Speaking of Falling Leaves, here is my current status: both heels turned, few more rows of plain stockinette at the Achilles and launch into the lace pattern all the way 'round.

*Sigh* I apologize for the rambling, scattered nature of this post, but I have tons to do before we leave. Just trying to get into better blogging habits!

PS Did you happen to notice who commented on my last entry?! (she asked, beaming)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home