Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Monday, August 07, 2006

Mission: Completed!





This is the KSKS kit I sent off to Emmy last week>>>

I had such an amazing time putting this together, and her reaction made it all worth while.

the two bags are my 2nd and 3rd sewn objects since college and I am quite pleased with how they turned out. I just may have to drag the sewing machine out more often!








Since so many people in their KSKS questionnaires complained about their DPN's piercing through their purses and project bags, I devised these pockets to hold the ends in place and allow the WIP to hang down into the bag. The pocket on the left side has velcro on top.




The yarn is "Summer at the Lake", custom dyed by the lovely Scout just for my pal. The Bear* did not want to give it up, but I won the wrestling match and off it went!

All photos taken at my parent's lake place in Cloquet, MN home of the only Frank Lloyd Wright designed gas station on the planet, and where almost all Diamond matches are made. Yes, folks, that's what I'm good at--completely useless information that may get me a few points during trivia nite at the local pub, but not much else.

In knitting news, I started working on Polly's Kiri Shawl in JaggerSpun Zephyr yarn, 50% merino/50% silk in Sage on my Addi size US4's. 1 false start, 1 visit to the frog pond and now 8 pattern repeats in, I seem to have the pattern down. Now if only somebody would magically appear and do all the WS purl stitches for me, I'd be a happy lady...
*The Bear was in no way harmed during my lifetime--he is an antique rug my mother inherited from a good friend who doesn't have room for him but can't bear (har har) to part with him. He lives in the loft of my parent's lake place in comfort with lots of company and the occasional scratch behind the ears.

5 Comments:

Blogger emmy said...

Whew! The yarn in the bear's mouth scared me for a second! I am glad that you won! hehe

I am still love love loving my kit!!! That is just brilliant about the little pockets to hold the needles and wip. Just Brilliant!!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bag you designed is awesome. I'm inspired.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Oh that bag is genius!

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I thought I was being smart...you, you're inspiring!!! Great stuff

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kit is FABU!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home