Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ring-A-Ding-Ding

Music from a previous life

Call me sentimental, but nothing beats a cool summer evening's journey across San Francisco on a cable car. Sure you might have to stand in line with a few tourists, but the breeze on your face, the shine in a child's eye, and the ring-a-ding-ding of the bell as you made your way through Chinatown and over Nob Hill to the Wharf reminded me of how lucky I was to call The City home.

Or maybe, the news of the 44th Annual Cable Car Bell-Ringing contest just reminded me how much I miss those cool summer evenings while I wish for central air in Connecticut.

Meanwhile, too hot to knit! Instead--sew!! KSKS pal's project bag? Done! Bonus lined, zipped pouch for accessories? Done! Handmade sterling silver/jasper/turquoise stitch markers? Made! All I have left is to decide on a few Value Added goodies, and off it will go...where it will land? Only I know...

2 Comments:

Blogger emmy said...

Anne!!!
I am speechless, well actually I have spent the last 5 minutes "oohing and aaaing" and general carrying on in a crazy manner. My 9yo loved it too! Can you believe no one told me your box came today untill just about 10pm!! I had read your comment and thought maybe it would come tomorrow....then later my 9yo said "Mom a package came for you today" I sprang up and we got the scissors. I love it all! The detail and care you put in that package is beyond belief!!! Thank you! Thank you! I won't keep gushing tonight. I hope that you won't mind if I wait until I get to the lake on Saturday to fully post and blog about all the wonderful details. My pictures just turn out better there...for some reason! You surprised me good Anne! Oh and that coffee cozy and mini sock....and the gift card..you are the best swap pal ever!

10:41 PM  
Blogger emmy said...

Hi Anne!
Just wanted to let you know that I took pictures this weekend and they are up on my blog. The bag is already in use and I love how it will hold a wip!
Thanks again ever so much!
Everything is just so perfect.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home