Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Knit Sock Kit Swap questionnaire

What are your favorite colors? Let's visit this by exception, shall we? Not a fan of yellow, orange or bombard-the-senses brightness.
Are you a new sock knitter? How long have you been knitting socks? Started my first pair in October of '05, have finished 5-1/2 pairs since...you be the judge
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? Both! I've yet to use solid but would like to try patterned socks best supported by solid yarn sometime
What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Soft! Superwash! I am all about the washing machine. A bit of nylon for strength is nice, but not necessary. Oh, and not a big fan of the cotton
Where do you usually knit socks? My cushy green sofa mostly, but also the passenger seat of my hubby's Honda Element and whatever chair I plop into for meetings at work
How do you usually carry/store small projects? I've got a few bags kicking around, including one of those Lantern Moon taffetta bags. Usually whatever is handy, including ziplock baggies
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? pom squad from Magknits
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques? I do Magic Loop exclusively, currently obsessed with Magic toe-up cast on, short row heels
What new techniques would you like to try? maybe 2 socks at a time on 2 circs, or short row toes
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? CIRCS!! I feel like I knit faster with them and don't feel like I'm wrestling with a porcupine
What are some of your favorite yarns? Socks that Rock and Koigu, but I have limited sock yarn exposure at this point and hope to broaden my horizons...unless you have your heart set on gifting me with either, and that would be OK, too!
What yarn do you totally covet? I like the idea of sharing my name with yarn (Anne by Schaefer yarn), I love Scout's Rosalie...I really like handpainted yarn...truth be told I love it all!
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? I have no idea!! If money were no object, I'd probably think about cashmere yarn...yummy
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? Addi turbo, size "0"
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? I'd be 75% superwash merino/25% nylon (for added strength!), handpainted in a complex palette...sorta like Koigu
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I dig those tangerine-sour Altoids. Oh, and did I mention dark chocolate?
What’s your favorite animal? Tigger!
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Pets? No. Only a 3 year old boy who pretends to be a puppy, kitty or frog from time to time.
If you were a color what color would you be? I used to be a dark, mysterious green and am slowly morphing into a deep purple/blue
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s).. an oft-washed, fitted but not tight dark khaki/brown short sleeve T from H&M that goes with almost everything else I own
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Halfdome at Yosemite
Tell me the best quote you’ve ever heard or read. There are so many, but the current mantra is: Life is not a destination, it is a journey.
Do you have a wishlist? no
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? this is my first swap and I'm looking forward to the whole experience!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home