Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Sunday, July 01, 2007

where did June go?

I'm not sure exactly what happened to June, but apparently it's gone. Friday Mystery Stole 3 launched and I went up to Creative Fibers in Windsor, CT to join in on a casting on party. Great idea in theory, but socializing and starting an unfamiliar lace pattern calls for occasional Forensic Knitting!I had a lovely time, met new people whose names escape me and got to see Bev, which is always a good time! I managed to get through row 41 there, then completed the first chart before going to bed, when it looked like this:

There are some scattered beads worked into the pattern, and I'm happy with the subtleness of the beads I chose. However, when I realized that the point of the stole is anchored by a bead, I used a larger frosted quartz bead and like the look very much. I am assuming the stole will be a big ol' rectangle that happens to have triangular ends, so I do have a similar bead reserved for the other end of the stole. Today I completed row 86 with only 14 more rows to go until Friday when clue #2 will be available. Too lazy to take another picture right now.

And a quick Summer of Socks update:

STR June sock club, heel turn completed on sock #1

Regia Bamboo anklets, about 2 inches to go before I start the heels.

the Solstice Slip pattern is really simple and I find myself grabbing it when I'm out and about over the plain stockinette anklets, so slow progress on them. But they will all get done at some point.

It doesn't seem like a lot, but I've been preoccupied of late with a packed work schedule and something else big that I'm not quite ready to talk about out in the big, wide open world. Hopefully an update soon, though! Later this week I hope to have a yarn p*rn update, too!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Ooooh, I love the beginnings of your Mystery Stole. I didn't sign up, but it's fun to see them all around blogland.

Thanks for you comment on my blog too. I just loved the Spinning Wheel Inn - I'd get married there again in a heartbeat! (To the same man, of course. LOL)

9:25 AM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

I'd say you've done quite a bit of knitting here! The stole is really going to be beautiful. Glad you had such a good time at the party. :)

Jessica

9:51 AM  
Blogger JessaLu said...

Your stole is looking beautiful so far!

Love the sockage!

12:03 AM  
Blogger mary said...

Wow! What a lot you've gotten done. I'm at about row 60 something on the mystery stole, and I'm lovin' lace. I finally get the appeal of it.

1:31 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Now you've peaked my interest. Hmmmmm, an announcement coming????

10:37 PM  
Blogger kathy b said...

Now you've peaked my interest. Hmmmmm, an announcement coming????

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home