Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Catch Up, Move Forward

The knitting portion of what I've been up to since my last blog post, over 3 months ago! Argh!
In no particular order:
Thuja in Artyarns supermerino
(fabulous Martini sock blockers courtesy of my amazing secret pal, Mary!!)

Clapotis in Malabrigo

Crusoe in Koigu

Falling Water lace prayer shawl in Artyarns Regal Silk color 110
(scroll to bottom of list of free rectangular patterns)

Inside Out Socks in Monsoon
Rockin' Sock Club February kit

I also rushed through another pair of Thujas and a pair of Jaywalkers for my niece and nephew for late Christmas presents, neglecting to take photos along the way. Add to that transportation issues, daycare/pre-school issues for Flyboy, health issues, flooding, and hectic work schedules and what do you get? A serious case of Blog Neglect.

Having signed myself up for Summer of Socks 2007, I realized I needed to get off my butt and just post already.

What's on the needles? Socks, of course. I'm 2/3's of the way through a pair of shorty socks in Jojoland Melody in green/teal/blue. I've been totally stalking this yarn on eBay, but had never seen it live and in person leading to some reservation. But then on a fluke trip into my LYS, I found a nice little stash and picked up a single skein for cheap to try out. Pics once sock #2 is done! I am also halfway through the first foot of the April kit of the Rockin' Sock Club. I really like the yarn, and I've got a handle on the lace pattern now, and the p2tog over and over isn't too bad. Before too long I'm hoping to start on a 3/4 sleeve CeCe with yarn (RYC Cashsoft 4 ply in Aubergine) from the big sale a while back over at Knit Happens.

So yes, I'm still around, still knitting, and still blogging!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kathy b said...

Everything single knit is wonderful. Clapotis, socks, and the sweater!

Love the post.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

They are all beautiful! Glad you've returned to the world of posting. :)

Jessica

11:34 AM  
Blogger mary said...

Wow! What a great FO round up! I'm speechless at your clapotis in malabrigo and so want to make one. Glad you're able to use the sock blockers. I think I was out of town when you posted this, so I missed it originally. Gettin' caught up now.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home