Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Friday, November 03, 2006

Socktoberfest is O-vah

How did I do? Well....not so great. I almost finished my purple falling leaves socks, mostly airplane knitting. I repeat, Airplane. Knitting. I decided Airplane Etiquette dictated that I refrain from actually trying on socks while on said airplane. The result? Too. Tight. Too. Small. I spent the better part of October cruising that river known as Denial. They'll block out just fine. Maybe. Not. Sigh. River cruise over, I am left with this:


Nearly finished socks without needles in them. I will frog, let the yarn rest for a while, get past my frustration and quit calling myself names, knit some other socks and then revisit.

Speaking of other socks, I did manage to get this much done on a second pair of Koigu Crusoe socks. I love how quickly this slipped stitch pattern moves along.Hey, these socks match the sofa!

To cheer me up from the bitter disappointment of not finishing these 2 pairs of socks, my husband gave me this photo:
Greg Grunberg modeling a scarf I donated to a charity auction

Maybe next year I'll finish a pair!

2 Comments:

Blogger textilejunkie said...

I did not finish the one pair of socks I started for Socktoberfest either. At least you got much farther along than I did :-)The Koigu Crusoe socks look great!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

How cool is that! A "Hero" modeling your scarf! I like the colors.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home