Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Little Rhinebeck Therapy

Here is most of what I purchased at Rhinebeck :

The lustrous blue is a 100yd skein of silk from Spirit Trail that was in the *discount* basket for $10.50 and will make a lovely pair of Fetching wrist warmers. The larger skein is from A Touch of Twist, 100% alpaca sportweight, natural silver color, a whopping 665yds. I bought 2 of these at Maryland, and wanted a little fiber insurance for a sweater, TBD.

The requisite Socks That Rock, colorways Downpour and Blue Brick Wall. Yes, I stood in line for like 20 minutes to get it. However, I met some interesting folks in line, talked to Cara as well as The Harlot. Time well spent? I think so. And no, I don't need to be reminded that I haven't cast on the 2 skeins I purchased in Maryland.

I ended up spending the bulk of my $$ at Morehouse Merino this year. I bought their new pattern, Camellia which is a simple tubular scarf, and 2 skeins of verigated yarn to make a few:

I also picked up this kit, with a deep burgandy yarn and 3 shawl patterns. BTW the background for all these pix is my completed, blocked Kiri shawl!*


Recognize these lovely ladies?



They helped me find "squares" for my Blogger Bingo card while I worked on a secret mission, which will most likely be revealed in the next few days here. I may or may not have made other purchases that may or may not be birthday/Christmas/SP9 prezzies.... ;)

*Funny story. T and I were in San Diego for the charity event we worked at, staying at the Four Seasons Aviara Resort (rough, I know). I had not blocked Kiri, and forgot to buy pins. T went down to concierge and asked them if they had any straight pins. 20 minutes later? A white gift bag with 40 T pins. In our room. That night I blocked Kiri by pinning it to the floor of our room on top of a hotel towel. Wait, what? I mean...no, I didn't pin anything to the floor of the Four Seasons...there are no pictures! You can't prove anything!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are truly the most awesome friend a person can have (besides Lee :) ) I am getting there next. Lots of stuff happening here ;) Very healing. Thank you.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

The STR colorways look beautiful. I can't wait to see them knit up.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Nice haul! Isn't the Morehouse stuff just amazing? :)

Jessica

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home