Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Monday, September 18, 2006

(I) See a Little Light

Forgive me my momentary late 80's flashback* as I count down the final rows until the completion of Kiri. I'm hoping to finish before Friday. Sort of my last major accomplishment before....let's just say "entering my late 30's". Lends an air of sophistication, don't you think?

Back to Kiri, I just completed the first row of the last repeat before the edging. Only 19 rows and what is sure to be a hellish bind-off (I'm sure I'll accompany it with a stiff drink) before BLOCKING! No, I haven't blocked Something Ecru yet. Or finished weaving in the ends. The sudden 80-degree days don't provide much motivation to finish a sweater. It will happen. There will be evidence.

We had our Yarn Swap this weekend, photos here and here. I'll post photos of the goods soon. Suffice it to say I am beyond happy with my booty!

And just a friendly reminder, tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! Arrr!

*Anybody get my reference? Anyone? Bueller? Anybody even reading this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home