Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Friday, August 25, 2006

KSKS Kit Arrived!

My kit arrived the other day, from Lori in Texas (sadly blogless)!!


The bag pattern is her own, and the beautiful yarn is hand-dyed superwash in a beautiful violet colorway. You don't see it skeined, because as soon as I ripped into the box and saw the yarn and the Falling Leaves pattern I pulled out T's scientific scale to wind up 2 balls of equal weight. You will also note not one but TWO Addi Turbo 16" size 0's. That's right--I'm going for my first attempt at 2 socks at once.

The Clover Knit Mate has all the bits that I am forever losing or forgetting to pick up! There are some beaded stitch markers that will be put to good use, and another pattern, Fancy Ribbed Dogs from 3 Trails Handknit Designs . It takes sportweight sock yarn, of which I currently have none, so....I wonder if I'll last until Rhinebeck......

Thanks, Lori! I sure appreciate the generosity. Look for photos of the WIP soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Miss Lime said...

I love the bag design your partner made! Great hand-dyed too! Those are going to make beautiful socks.

Thanks for your post on our blog. I just wanted to say that it is interesting to read her response to your email. She's probably a perfectly nice person (one would hope, anyway). I went looking at her eBay site and found some different wording there yesterday, so maybe she did actually change it.

Anyway, happy knitting on the 2 socks at once!

Miss Lime

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home