Sittin 'n Knittin

musings on knitting, family and life in general

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

50 Things

1. First Name? Anne
2. Were you named after anyone? My mom’s name is Elizabeth Anne, but everyone used to call her Annie, so she named me Anne Elizabeth...and started going by Liz
3. Last time you cried? Wow. I honestly can’t remember...must have been in some movie. I always cry in movies, even stupid, sappy ones
4. Do you like your handwriting? My handwriting is atrocious and getting worse
5. What is your favorite lunch meat? Genoa salami
6. Do you have kids? only the sweetest, most polite 3-1/2 year old boy around!
7. Would you be friends with you if you were someone else? I’l like to hope I would be!
8. Do you keep a journal? no
9. Do you tend toward sarcasm? Sarcasm? No...we don’t have that around here (wink wink)
10. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes. And my wisdom teeth!
11. Would you bungee jump? already have--at the home of Bungy, Kawarau Bridge in Queenstown, NZ back in 1994
12. What’s your favorite cereal? Peanut Butter Cap’n Crunch, but I never buy it
13. Do you untie your shoes before you take them off? I have Birkenstocks, clogs, a pair that zip up, and sandals...I do unzip, but I don’t unbuckle the sandals
14. Are you strong? Sadly, not as strong as once upon a time physically. Emotionally, very strong
15. What is your favorite ice cream? Ben & Jerry’s Cookie Dough Fro Yo
16. Shoe size? 8 US, 39 or 40 European
17. What do you like least about yourself? I am a world-class procrastinator
18. Who do you miss the most? The couple that introduced me and my husband, Jeff & Rachel. They spent a couple years in Thailand, now they are back in Northern California--complete opposite side of the country
19. Do you want this sent back to you? I snagged this off someone else’s blog, but I love to read them, so if anyone does this after reading in on my blog, leave a comment so I can read yours
20. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now? grey knit cotton lounging pants, bare feet
21. Last thing you ate? A banana
22. What are you listening to right now? Lazytown--The Boy is watching Noggin
23. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cadet Blue
24. Favorite smell? I bought some purple basil at the farmer’s market this weekend, and the smell when I opened the bag at home was amazing! I love natural scents much more than fake or perfumely/chemical smells
25. Last person you talked to on the phone? Jane, my intrepid work supervisor
26. First thing you notice about someone of the opposite sex? If they are facing me, eyes/hair
27. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I borrowed it from Susie’s blog, and I enjoy reading it...
28. Favorite drink? Decaf, non-fat caffe latte...or a really well-made Cosmo
29. Favorite sport? Curling!
30. Eye color? Hazel, but they change depending on what color I am wearing. They can also look green, blue and grey
31. Hat size? Huh?
32. Do you wear contacts? Yes. For 14 years. Ugh.
33. Favorite food? Fruit of every type...or dark chocolate anything...but my real answer should probably be either Saag Paneer or Pad Thai...
34. Scary movie or happy ending? I’m a sap for happy endings, but every once in a while I like me a good scary movie
35. Last movie you saw at a movie theater? You, Me and DuPree
36. What color shirt are you wearing? Vintage white T shirt from the Cannes Film Festival (wait, how old does it have to be to qualify as vintage? I bought it at the festival in...1995, does that count?)
37. Summer or winter? Neither--I am all about fall! I guess being born on the equinox makes me biased...
38. Hugs or kisses? Both, but nothing beats a really good, lingering hug from a hubby and a 3 year old at the same time
39. Favorite dessert? Homemade cheesecake with a strained raspberry puree drizzled on top
40. Who is most likely to respond? No idea
41. Least likely to respond? everyone?
42. What books are you reading? Janet Evanovich’s Full series
43. What’s on your mousepad? I use my right thigh, no mousepad
44. What did you watch on TV last night? Miami Ink
45. Favorite sounds? My son’s laugh. It’s infectious!
46. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles, natch
47. The furthest you’ve been from home? Siem Reap, Cambodia to see Angkor Wat
48. What’s your special talent? re-directing a 3 year old to prevent the fit/temper tantrum/begging scene
49. Where were you born? Duluth, MN
50. Who sent this to you? Nobody. I saw it on several other blogs and thought it would be a good thing on a new blog to give a bit of an idea of who I am!

1 Comments:

Blogger emmy said...

Hi Anne
Have I told you that I REALLY love my bag?!?! I know. :)
I take it everywhere with me and it has helped me finish up one sock and get right onto the second one. I love the "needle holder" that you built into it. Again MANY thanks!

I enjoyed reading your "50 Things". I might take it later in the week when I have enough time to think about it. From reading it we have some similarities.I will let you know when I do it so you can read it.

Off to knit on my socks...such a lovely bag they now reside in....

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home